Friday, May 7, 2010

Interaction


A few weeks ago, a few friends and I went to Bass Cemetery to try to experience some live ghost encounters. Bass is known around the world for its spooky haunting. During the time of slaves, slaves and other types of people who didn’t meet the standards of a perfect human, were buried in this cemetery. A lot of the graves don’t have gravestones so it’s really hard to tell if you’re stepping on just grass and dirt or if you’re loitering over someone’s dead body. The whole day, Shawna Boswell, Karli Estock, Tatum Buzbee, Jake Fagan, John Huffman and I all planned on getting out and taking pictures by the graveyards to see if we would maybe stir up the ghosts. When we pulled up, of course we were all really scared to get out of the car. The guys were the first to get out and we slowly followed behind them. Once we were all out our mind started playing tricks on us so we kept thinking we would see something, when in reality it was just our imagination. When we were walking around the graveyard after we kind of cooled off a little bit, we all got really quiet after we heard a noise; nothing big, but something was making racket and we didn’t know what it was. We tried not to think about it too much as we were taking pictures of the graves. Karli was scared that if she got in the pictures that the ghosts would come out and kill her or something, so she just took the pictures of Shawna, Tatum and me. When we were scanning through the pictures afterwards, there were some orbs in a lot of the photos. It could have been dust, or it could have been a ghost, who knows. After we finished with the pictures, we got back in the car to go ghost hunt some more. Unfortunately the noise and orbs were the closest thing we had to a real ghost encounter.
My first experience to Bass Cemetery was a lot different than I ever expected. At first I was so scared to even get out of the car. Once the night went on and nothing had happened except for a few little things that probably weren’t even real, I realized that it wasn’t as scary as I thought. Throughout this project I learned that there is such thing as ghosts, well in my perspective anyway. Even though I never experienced any live interaction with ghosts themselves, I do still believe they can be real and they can be good or evil, depending on what happened to them in their past life. My outlook on ghosts hasn’t really changed much since the project, but it has made me more aware of them and makes me one day want to experience them for real. Ghosts were a very fun topic to research and I’m glad I picked it as my topic.

1 comment: