Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ghosts by Michael Jackson

The song "Ghosts", sang by the world famous Michael Jackson, was released on May 9, 1977. This is a song about the confusion of ghosts in a house that leaves Michael worried. Michael mentions that there are ghosts on the walls and ghouls on the stairs. He sings, "There's a tappin' on the floor/ there's a creak behind the door/ there's a rockin' in the chair/ But there's no one sittin' there". Michael also mentions that the ghosts are ghosts of jealousy because they are messing with his family, kids and his family tree. Jackson doesn't understand what the ghosts want from him and is trying to figure it out.
I chose this video because everyone knows who Michael Jackson is and since my topic is on ghosts, I thought it related perfectly. I liked this video a lot because as an artist, he mentioned everything that I needed. He mentioned how the ghosts were messing with his family and making weird sounds in the house. I'm sure this is just another hit on Michael's list of songs, but who knows, it may mean more than what you think.

Michael Jackson. "Ghosts." 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment